Thursday, March 02, 2006

We Have Our Boy Back

Prior to me getting this new job title of "Parent", I had heard of this mythical thing called the "terrible twos" and I thought it had to be just a myth. Why would 2 be so different from 1 or 3? or 33 for that matter? Those parents just need to learn how to control their kids.

Even up until Seth was about two and a half and things were still going smoothly, I was thinking, "yep, I knew my kids wouldn't experience the terrible twos". And them WHAM, it hit like nothing you had ever seen before. Emotional swings, tantrums, screaming, crying, everything my kid would never do. He would get upset if we wanted to take him to the zoo and then he would get upset if we didn't take him to the zoo or any of a number of different scenarios.

But, that was then and this is now. Seth turned three a month ago and it was like someone flipped a switch. We have our old boy back. He is so pleasant and reasonable. He listens to us and does what we ask him to do. He doesn't throw the fits like he use to and we are all getting along so much better.

I admit it, "I was wrong" and I apologize to every parent in the grocery store that I had an evil thought about. I now know your pain.

We are so glad to have our little boy back.

1 comment:

dljordan said...

Don't let anybody kid you. It's not the terrible two's, it's the terrible three's. Our oldest was the sameway. Two was fine, but once he started getting closer to three, it started :)
dj