Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Foundation Repair

If you live in Texas you have either had your home's foundation repaired or you lie awake at night worried about the day you will. And, if you live in Texas long enough you will more than likely have to repair a foundation. Well, I have been one of those lying awake at night worried but I finally got the courage to call someone to look at my foundation. You know, face the fear.

For me, the biggest worry was first the cost,I have heard it can be very expensive. And second, they could tell me I had to fix my foundation and I would be none the wiser. I know as much about foundations as I do transmissions.

I called All-Pro Foundation Repair and they came out and were very nice and very professional. But, the best part is, he told me I didn't need to repair my foundation but instead I needed to work with someone to fix the drainage around my house. I was really shocked because I was certain they would try and sell me some type of repair but he didn't. He said, just to call a landscaper and if the landscaper had any questions to have him give them a call.

So, if you think you might need foundation repair I would recommend giving All-Pro Foundation Repair a call. I can't speak to the quality or cost of their work since they aren't doing any for me but I do feel they will give you an honest assessment.

1 comment:

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

Part of the problem is that a lot of contractors these days skimp on properly reinforcing the slab and just use the good-for-nothing wire mesh. If you ever have a house built, insist that the builders use actual steel rebar properly engineered to the house and soil conditions.