Thursday, March 16, 2006

Pillows

I don't travel well and there are a thousand reasons why and I'm sure Shelley could even add several more. One of those reasons is that I am very particular about my pillows and most hotels never have ones that are just right. It is more about the size and the number than anything else. I can't stand to sleep flat on the bed and need to have my head elevated. So, I usually stack several pillows to just the right height and this usually leads to some "squishing" and "folding" to get them just so. Shelley and I had been married for a few years, when for some reason that is still unclear to me, she decided we needed new pillows. I came to bed not knowing of this change, put my head down and realized that something was amiss. I didn't sleep for two weeks as I broke in these new pillows.

So, was the scenario this week in San Antonio. Try as I might, I could never get the pillows worked into the right configuration and in the words of Seth, "I didn't get good rest."


Am I the only one out there that is weird about their pillows?

No comments: