Thursday, March 23, 2006

Lasik Pre-Op

I had my Lasik Pre-Op appointment this past Tuesday which was over 2 hours of test, retest and sometimes testing a 3rd time. I must say they are very thorough. For some things, three different people did measurements and the results were compared to make sure they were consistent. They also are very up front and honest about the risks and don't pull any punches. They showed me pictures, videos and talked about how the procedure would go up to the point I was ready to scream "I get it". I can even count how many pictures of cutting the "flap" I have seen.

I have to admit that I am getting a little nervous but I am also getting very excited. I can't wait to throw out all of my contact supplies and glasses.

Surgery is tomorrow at 11 am.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Tammara, I'm so excited for Jeff too. I think he's going to love it. I had it done in 2001 and I can't praise the procedure enough. I highly recommend interviewing several physicians before making a decision because what sold me on the one I chose was his frankness about the cost and what could happen.

I can remember on the drive home being able to read the signs and saying things like, "You want me to read that sign to you? Because I can. I can see it!"